HUNGARIAN GRAND PRIX 2021
Firstly, it was special as the first race behind the Iron Curtains, but by now Formula 1 Magyar Nagydíj has become a very traditional event, the second behind Monza to have been continuously featured in F1 race calendar.
Hungaroring is preparing for the 36th Hungarian Grand Prix in 2021, and after last year’s closed door event, according to the plans the race will take place in front of spectators.If it happens this way, besides the exciting battles at the track many interesting programmes will await the spectators behind the grandstands offering entertainment for the whole family.
Among the many modern race tracks built in a uniform style, Hungaroring, built along the Mogyoród Hills, represents an older tradition, the classical style that has gained extra value for now. Hungaroring is one of the most challenging tracks of the season from the pilots’ point of view. To win on this tricky, tortuous track that hardly offers any straights is an enormous achievement, which might take years to conquer, if so, even though for the most talented drivers of our time. Lewis Hamilton is the record-holder with his eight wins that might take a long time to break.
- 2021 race status: on schedule /no changes announced
- Date: July 30, 2021 - August 1, 2021
- City: Budapest, Hungary
- Circuit: Hungaroring
- Single lap length: 4.381 km (2.722 mi)
- Total race distance: 306.63 km (190.53 mi)
- Number of laps: 70
2021 Hungarian Grand Prix dates & schedule:
- Pit Lane Walk: July 29, 2021, 16:15 - 18:15
- Practice 1: July 30, 2021, 11:00 - 12:30
- Practice 2: July 30, 2021, 15:00 - 16:30
- Practice 3: July 31, 2021, 12:00 - 13:00
- Qualifying: July 31, 2021, 15:00 - 16:00
- Race: August 1, 2021, 15:10 - 17:10