UEFA EURO CHAMPIONSHIP 2020-21
The stadium's construction started in 2017 and was finished before the end of 2019. It is an all-seater with a capacity of 67,215. The stadium is built in the place of the former Ferenc Puskás Stadium whose demolition was completed in October 2016. Both stadiums were named in honour of the legendary former national team captain Ferenc Puskás.
The Puskás Aréna was officially opened on 15 November 2019 by the friendly match Hungary vs Uruguay (1-2).
Puskás Aréna meets all the UEFA stadium criterias and will be one of the playing venues of the 2020 European Championships, hosting 3 first stage group matches and one round of 16 match.
Matches at Puskás Aréna:
- Tuesday 15 June 2021 - Group F: Hungary vs Portugal (18:00, local time)
- Saturday 19 June 2021 - Group F: Hungary vs France (15:00, local time)
- Wednesday 23 June 2021 - Group F: Portugal vs France (21:00, local time)
- Sunday 27 June 2021 - R16: 1C vs 3D/E/F (18:00, local time)
When attending a match at Puskás Aréna:
- Keep a distance of at least 1.5m to other fans.
- Wear a face mask - the mask has to cover your mouth and nose at all times. We recommend you bring additional masks just in case.
- Arrive at the stadium within your allocated 30-minute time slot.
- Don’t occupy any other seat than the one on your ticket.
- Wash and disinfect your hands frequently. You can find sanitiser stations throughout the stadium.
- Don’t shake hands. Avoid hugs, high-fives and any close contact with others.
- Stay in your seat during half time and limit your movements to and from your seat as much as possible.
- Always follow the signs indicating which way to go.
- Don’t come to the stadium if you feel unwell or experience any symptoms of COVID-19.